Born in Golegã, he studied at the school of Fine Arts of Lisbon where he later lectured, having devoted himself to painting, sculpture, ceramics and
illustration. He had a F.C.G. scholarship between 1968 and 1969. He carried out various monuments and portraits. His works remained within a figurative
trend, modelling human and animal figures, dealing with religious episodes. His materials of choice were bronze and stone. The statues he carried out
deploy the parameters of official statues of the 1940's, somewhat stylised. His decorative compositions have greater imagination and invention,
approaching almost abstract solutions.