Born in Vila Velha de Ródão, and after studies in the field of sciences, he was devoted as from 1946 to Plastic Arts. In 1954 he made his first trip to
Paris where he settled in 1957. He won a scholarship at the Higher Culture Institute in Italy and from the F.C.G. in France in the 1950's. He is the author of
the various ceramic panels in Portugal and abroad as well as of illustrations. The pictorial and ceramic production clearly intertwined, stressing, in the
former, a formal, chromatic organisation which reminds us of the latticework of the ceramic surfaces. The standardisation suggests the geometric
aspects, near to abstractionism but, as if in a kind of writing between the lines, there are subtitles and even figurative elements in the story created.