In 1955 he graduated in Sculpture from the E.S.B.A.P. where he started teaching in 1958. He did works for various Councils at Caixa Geral de
Depósitos, Oporto; Bragança Country Inn and sculptural figures at various locations of the city of Oporto, Arrábida Bridge, Caixa Geral de Depósitos, S.
Bento Station, City Council, inter alia. His sculptural production remained linked to figurativism, never moving into abstractionist radicalism which other
colleagues of his generation endeavoured. His statues, solid and robust, frequently characterised by frontality, seldom sought spatial fluidity.